Peanut Butter Chips and Jelly Bars
Streusel-topped peanut butter chip and jelly bars.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup grape jelly
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar and baking powder; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in beaten egg until blended.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture; press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Stir jelly to soften; spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle 1 cup peanut butter chips over jelly.
- Stir remaining 2/3 cup chips into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes about 16 bars.
High Altitude Directions: Increase flour to 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon. Add 1 tablespoon water with egg. Do not change baking time or temperature.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.