Rocky Road Brownies
Chocolate brownies topped with chopped nuts and miniature marshmallows.
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together chocolate chips, marshmallows and nuts; set aside.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted. Add sugar, vanilla and eggs; beat with spoon until well blended. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir until well blended.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 22 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chip mixture over top. Continue baking 5 minutes or until marshmallows have softened and puffed slightly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Using wet knife, cut into squares.
Makes about 20 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.