Truffle Dessert Brownies
These fudgey brownies are almost like eating chocolate truffles.
1 1/4 cups butter
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar - divided use
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs, separated
Powdered sugar (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease bottom of 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter over low heat. Add cocoa and 1 cup sugar; stir well. Remove from heat; cool about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and vanilla. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites with 1 tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form; gradually fold into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are firm (center will be slightly soft). Cool completely. Refrigerate about 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
Makes 20 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.