Fudgey Peanut Butter Chip Muffins
Applesauce contributes to the moistness of these fudgey chocolate oat muffins, studded with peanut butter chips, or if you prefer, chocolate chips.
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together applesauce and oats in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add applesauce mixture; blend well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon, if desired. Add to butter mixture, blending well. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle muffin tops with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
Makes 12 to 15 muffins.
Fudgey Chocolate Chip Muffins: Omit Peanut Butter Chips. Add 1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.