Pumpkin Bread 4
Moist and flavorful pumpkin-raisin nut bread with the addition of a unique taste treat—peanut butter chips.
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
4 large eggs
1 2/3 cup (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour three 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Stir together pumpkin, oil, water and eggs in large bowl; gradually add dry ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in peanut butter chips, nuts and raisins, if desired.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
Makes 3 loaves.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.