Make-Ahead Cinnamon French Toast
Thick slices of French bread and stuffed with cinnamon chips in this make-ahead French toast recipe.
1 loaf day-old French bread
1 cup HERSHEY'S Cinnamon Chips
5 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Maple syrup (optional)
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut French bread into 6 (1 1/2-inch thick) slices. Using small, sharp knife, cut 2-inch long slits in one side of each bread slice, cutting 3/4 of the way through bread to create a pocket.
- Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons chips into pocket of each bread slice; press to close.
- Place filled slices into prepared baking pan.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread; carefully turn pieces over, spooning mixture in pan over top of bread.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer toast to plates. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.