Berry-Berry Brownie Torte
This delightful brownie torte, studded with chocolate chips, is topped with fresh blackberries and raspberries and sweetened whipped cream.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar - divided use
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
3/4 cup fresh blackberries, rinsed and patted dry
3/4 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and patted dry
1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Wax paper line and grease 9-inch round baking pan.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add cocoa, blending well. Stir in flour mixture. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; remove wax paper. Turn right side up; cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Spread over top of brownie. Top with berries. Refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.