Bridal Shower Wedding Cake
This chocolate layer cake is cut-out in the shape of a wedding bell from two 13x9-inch cakes, filled and frosted with vanilla frosting and decorated with chocolate candy Kisses and "Kiss-Me" Candy Roses.
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups water
3 (12 to 16-ounce each) cans vanilla ready-to-spread frosting (for entire cake)
1 (16-ounce) package HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
"Kiss-Me" Candy Roses:
HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Chocolates, in pink and red foils
White craft glue
18-gauge craft wire
Clear cellophane or plastic wrap
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease and flour sides and bottom of foil.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl; beat on high speed of mixer 3 minutes.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternatively with water to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Peel off foil; cool completely.
- Repeat procedure for second layer. Freeze cake layers at least three hours for easier cutting and handling.
- Cut paper pattern in bell shape. Place pattern on top of one layer; cut shape. Transfer layer to serving plate or tray. Place pieces, cut from top outer edges, at lower side of cake to form bell lip. Frost top of layer. Cut bell shape from second layer; place on top of first layer. Frost entire cake.
- Remove wrappers from chocolates and line them all around the edge of the cake. Place "Kiss-Me" Candy Roses at the top of 'bell' cake, or as desired.
- For "Kiss-Me" Candy Roses: To make a candy rose, begin by gluing 2 chocolates together, flat-end to flat-end. Repeat with for the amount of candy roses you wish to make.
- To complete candy roses, insert a wire into one pointed end of chocolates glued together. Wrap 4-inch square of cellophane around each, twisting cellophane tightly around chocolates. Cover bottom of roses and wire with florist tape. Add 1 or 2 artificial leaves, securing leaves in place with florist tape.
- Tie candy roses together with a bow. Completed craft is for decorative purposes only. Candy used in craft should not be eaten.
Makes about 25 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.