A deliciously moist carrot cake studded with white chocolate chips.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups shredded carrot
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) Hershey's White Chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
Additional chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Stir together eggs, oil and vanilla in small bowl; stir into dry ingredients, blending well. Stir in carrot, peanut butter chips and 1/2 cup walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Garnish with walnuts, if desired.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Variation: Substitute 1 cup raisins for the chopped walnuts.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat 1 (3-ounce) package softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup, softened butter or margarine in small bowl until well blended. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, beating to spreading consistency.
For Peanut Butter Chip Carrot Cupcakes: Line muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.