Chocolate Sour Cream Cake
A delicious, moist and tender chocolate sour cream cake topped with rich, fudge frosting.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (16-ounce) container dairy sour cream
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Frost with Fudge Frosting.
- For Fudge Frosting: Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa; cook, stirring constantly, just until mixture begins to boil. Pour mixture into medium bowl; cool completely. Add powdered sugar alternately with milk to cocoa mixture, beating to spreading consistency. Stir in vanilla. Makes about 1 cup frosting.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.