Easy Chocolate Cream Filled Torte
A ready-made pound cake puts the easy in making this impressive chocolate cream-filled torte, topped with a simple chocolate glaze and sliced almonds.
1 (10.3/4-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 cup cold whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 tablespoons water
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Sliced almonds (optional)
- Cut cake horizontally to make 4 layers.
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in small bowl.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla; beat until stiff.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving platter. Spread 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture on cake layer. Place next cake layer on top of whipped cream; continue layering whipped cream and cake until all have been used.
- Prepare Chocolate Glaze; spoon over top of cake, allowing to drizzle down sides.
- For Chocolate Glaze: Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and slightly thickened. Do not boil. Remove from heat. Gradually add powdered sugar and almond extract, beating with whisk until smooth. Makes about 1/2 cup glaze.
- Garnish with almonds, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cover; refrigerate leftover torte.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.