Hershey's Chocolate Lovers Cherry Cake
Hershey's deliciously easy chocolate and cherry cake for chocolate lovers.
3/4 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds - divided use
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup almonds evenly in bottom of pan.
- Stir together dry cake mix, cocoa and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs, oil, almond extract and cherry pie filling; beat until well blended and cherries are chopped.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup almonds and chocolate chips; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.