Hershey's Hugs & Kisses Pound Cake Torte
A ready-made pound cake makes easy work of this layered torte filled with luscious milk chocolate ganache, and frosted with chocolate whipped cream and a garnish of Hershey's Hugs & Kisses. A great dessert for Valentine's Day.
46 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup whipping cream - divided use
2 teaspoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (10.3/4 ounce) frozen loaf pound cake, partially thawed
10 HERSHEY'S HUGS & KISSES Brand Chocolates for garnish
- Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Combine chocolates and 1/3 cup whipping cream in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until smooth; transfer to medium bowl. Refrigerate until firm enough to spread, about 1 hour.
- Slice cake horizontally to make 3 layers. Arrange bottom layer on serving plate. Evenly spread 1/3 cup chocolate mixture over layer; top with second layer and spread with 1/3 cup mixture. Place remaining layer on top. Beat remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream until thickened; fold in remaining chocolate mixture. Refrigerate a few minutes if a more firm consistency is desired. Frost top, sides and ends of torte. Refrigerate about 6 hours.
- Remove wrappers from chocolates and garnish torte before serving. Cover; refrigerate leftover torte.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.