One-Bowl Chocolate Cake with Easy Orange Frosting
It doesn't get any easier than this recipe to make a great chocolate cake, and the easy orange frosting is even easier!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup water
3 large eggs
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Easy Orange Frosting (recipe follows)
Chocolate Drizzle (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, place flour, sugar, cocoa, butter, water, eggs, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost with Easy Orange Frosting.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Drizzle.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Easy Orange Frosting: Stir together 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla ready-to-spread frosting, 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel and 1 or 2 drops each of red and yellow food color, if desired.
Chocolate Drizzle: In small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine or oil). Microwave at HIGH (100%) 15 to 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.