Rhapsody Chocolate Cake
A great tasting chocolate cake made with your choice of chocolate candy bars.
1 (6-ounce) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Bar, HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bar*, broken into pieces
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup boiling water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Stir together chocolate bar pieces, butter and boiling water until chocolate is melted.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl; gradually add chocolate mixture, beating until thoroughly blended. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Drizzle Vanilla Glaze over cake.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
*Or, SYMPHONY Milk Chocolate Bar, or HERSHEY'S SYMPHONY Milk Chocolate Bar With Almonds & Toffee Chips
Vanilla Glaze: Place 1/4 cup butter or margarine in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or until melted. Gradually stir in 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat with whisk until smooth and slightly thickened. Makes about 1 1/4 cups glaze.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.