Spring Surprise Chocolate Cupcakes
Rich, dark chocolate cupcakes filled with a coconut cream cheese filling and garnished with coconut.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Surprise Filling (recipe follows)
MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place 18 paper liners (2 1/2-inches in diameter) in muffin pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, water, oil, egg and vanilla in medium bowl; beat until smooth.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with chocolate mixture.
- Prepare Surprise Filling; spoon about 1 tablepoon filling onto top of chocolate batter in each cup.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire rack; cool completely.
- Garnish with additional coconut, if desired.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen cupcakes.
Surprise Filling: Beat 1 (8-ounce) package softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1 large egg in medium bowl; stir in 1/2 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes. Stir in few drops food color, if desired.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.