Toffee-Topped Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Mini pineapple upside-down cakes with crunchy bits of toffee candy.
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
4 pineapple rings
4 maraschino cherries
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
1 large egg
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly coat inside of 4 individual 2-cup baking dishes with vegetable oil spray.
- Stir together 1 tablespoon corn syrup and 1 tablespoon melted butter in each of 4 baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup toffee. Center pineapple rings on toffee and place cherries in centers.
- Beat softened butter and sugar in small bowl until blended. Add rum and egg, beating well.
- Stir together flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to rum mixture, beating until smooth.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup batter into each prepared dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto serving dish; cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 4 (4-inch) cakes.
Recipe courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.