Chocolate Toffee Crunch Squares
These easy candy squares are chock-full of sweet and salty yumminess!
2 (11.5-ounce each) packages HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips
1 cup HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
1 cup salted peanuts
1 cup halved pretzel sticks
1/2 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes (optional)
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
Paper candy cups (optional)
- Line 9-inch square pan with plastic wrap.
- Place chocolate chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Immediately add toffee bits, peanuts, pretzels and coconut, if desired; stir to coat.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan; cover with plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until firm.
- Place white chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Using fork, drizzle white chips mixture over chocolate mixture in pan. Cover; refrigerate 5 minutes or until firm.
- Bring to room temperature. Remove chocolate mixture from pan and place on cutting board, top side up; discard plastic wrap.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Place each square in a candy cup, if desired. Store in covered container in a cool place.
Makes about 3 dozen squares.
Chocolate Toffee Haystacks: Prepare chocolate mixture as above. Instead of spreading into square pan, drop chocolate mixture by slightly heaping tablespoons onto wax paper-lined cookie sheet or tray. Refrigerate until firm. Melt white chips as directed above; drizzle over haystacks.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.