Rich 'n Good Chocolate Truffles
Rich, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate truffles. Add them to your list of homemade holiday candies perfect for gift-giving.
1 2/3 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
1 (8-ounce) package HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces and chopped*
1 1/3 cups HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, chopped*
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sifted HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- Combine whipping cream and butter in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; remove from heat.
- Stir in both chocolates until completely melted; continue stirring until mixture cools and thickens slightly.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into shallow glass dish. Cover; refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
- To form truffles, with spoon, scoop mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in Coating. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Reroll before serving, if desired. Serve cold.
- For Coating: Stir together cocoa and powdered sugar in small bowl.
Makes about 4 dozen truffles.
*Food processor can be used for chopping chocolate.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.