Cocoa Coconut Brownies
Chewy cocoa brownies laced inside and out with coconut.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in 3/4 cup coconut. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup coconut over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
Makes about 16 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.