Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
A ready-made pound cake makes easy work of this family-pleasing, summer-perfect ice cream sandwich layer cake.
1 (10.3/4-ounce) frozen loaf pound cake, partially thawed
2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened - divided use
2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Strawberry Syrup
2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Syrup or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Syrup
- Remove cake from foil pan; line pan with plastic wrap.
- With serrated knife, slice cake horizontally into 3 layers; place bottom cake layer into prepared pan and place in freezer.
- Stir together 1 cup ice cream and strawberry syrup in small bowl; spread over cake layer in pan. Gently place second cake layer on top of strawberry mixture; immediately return to freezer.
- Stir together remaining 1 cup ice cream and chocolate syrup in small bowl; spread over cake layer in pan. Top with third cake layer; cover and freeze until firm.
- Serve frozen, cut into slices. Cover; freeze leftover cake.
Makes about 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.