Trimtime Chocolate Cake Roll
Counting calories? You don't have to miss out on dessert with this tasty, low-fat chocolate sponge cake roll filled with nonfat frozen yogurt.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 large eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups nonfat frozen yogurt (any flavor) slightly softened
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Spray 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with vegetable cooking spray. Line with wax paper; spray again.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in small bowl until pale in color, about 5 minutes. Fold in cocoa mixture; spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Invert cake onto clean towel; remove wax paper. Roll up cake with towel from short side. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread with frozen yogurt. Reroll cake without towel; press seam-side down. Cover; freeze until firm.
- Sprinkle top lightly with powdered sugar, if desired. Cover; freeze leftover cake roll.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.