Happy Halloween Monster Pops
1 (about 16-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
8 wooden ice cream sticks
1 (16-ounce) can creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
8 drops yellow food color
4 drops red food color
Garnishes, such as: HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates, HERSHEY'S HUGS Brand Candies, HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Corn Flavored Candies, REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, ROLO Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate, small (1 1/2-inch) YORK Peppermint Patties, HERSHEY'S NUGGETS Chocolates, REESE'S PIECES Candy, TWIZZLERS PULL-N-PEEL Candy
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Remove wrapper from dough; cut about 1/2 inch off both ends of roll. Cut each end into 4 pieces; set aside. Cut remaining dough into eight equal slices.
- Press each slice of dough into 3 1/2-inch circle on floured surface. Using a large spatula, carefully transfer circles to prepared cookie sheets. Lightly press 2 inches of wooden stick onto each circle; seal onto dough with reserved small pieces of dough.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to wire racks. Cool completely. (Do not pick up cookies using stick until completely cooled.)
- Mix frosting with red and yellow food color to make orange-colored frosting; frost cookies to resemble pumpkins. Decorate with assorted candy pieces to form monster faces.
Makes 8 large cookies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.