No masking the fact that these homemade Halloween chocolate cupcakes are spookalicious!
10 to 12 JOLLY RANCHER Fruit Chews
2 (3-ounce) packages softened cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons milk
Dash of salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Assorted HERSHEY'S, TWIZZLER, REESE or JOLLY RANCHER Candies
- Remove wrappers from fruit chew candies. Cut each candy into six equal pieces. Roll each piece into ball. (If necessary, heat candy in microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for about 5 seconds to soften.) Set aside.
- Prepare Filling: Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, milk and salt in small bowl until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) with paper or foil baking cups.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 3 minutes. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full (scant 1/4 cup) with batter. Drop two circles (each 1 level measuring teaspoon) of FILLING in the center of each filled muffin cup. Center 1 candy ball in each circle, pressing down lightly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Cool slightly; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Garnish masked faces as desired with additional candies.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.