Black Cat Chocolate Chip Spookies
These fun and easy Halloween cookies are a project for the whole family! Decorate with candies and icing to make them look like scary - or friendly - black cats.
- 1 (16.5-ounce) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- Quart-size plastic food storage bag
- 1 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- candy corn
- WONKA® SPREE® Candy
- 1 (0.68-ounce) tube white decorator icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll 16 squares of dough into balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball to make a circle, 2 inches wide and 1/4 inch tall. Cut each of the remaining 8 squares of cookie dough into quarters. Flatten each quarter into a 3/4-inch tall triangle to form ears. If dough becomes too soft to work with, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to firm up. Place two ears along top curve of each circle. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. While hot, reshape ears with knife. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fill plastic bag with frosting; seal. Cut 1/4-inch from corner of bag. Squeeze bag lightly to pipe frosting on top of cookies; spread with knife. To make a raised nose, squeeze a dime-sized amount of frosting in the center of the face. Use candy corn for ears and whiskers, Spree candy for the eyes and decorator icing for the nose and mouth. To make pupils, dip toothpick into frosting and paint pupils on.
Makes 16 cat cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Cookie: Calories: 260; Calories from Fat: 90; Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV); Saturated Fat: 3.5g (19% of DV); Cholesterol: 10mg (4% of DV); Sodium: 160mg (7% of DV); Carbohydrates: 40g (13% of DV); Dietary Fiber: 0.5g (2% of DV); Sugars: 32g; Protein: 1g; Vitamin A: 2% of DV; Vitamin C: 0% of DV; Calcium: 0% of DV; Iron: 2% of DV.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.