Bunny-In-The-Hole Eggs & Toast
Kids will love this fun way to serve eggs and toast for breakfast, brunch or anytime of the day...or year for that matter!
8 slices bread - divided use
4 slices KRAFT Big Slice Mild Cheddar Cheese
4 large eggs
- For the Eyes: Olive slices; bits of pimiento; frozen peas; thin-sliced green onion
- For the Nose: Small triangles cut from red, yellow or orange bell pepper
- For the Whiskers: Pared carrot shreds; thinly sliced-lengthwise green onions or fresh chives
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Using a 3 1/2-inch egg-shaped (or round) cookie cutter, cut out a hole in the center of 4 bread slices. Cut each cutout lengthwise in half to make the "bunny's ears."
- Spread butter on remaining 4 bread slices and place, butter-side down, on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover each with 1 cheese slice; top with 1 of the bread slices with the hole. Carefully break 1 egg into the center of each hole. Decorate each egg with desired decorations for the "eyes", "nose" and "whiskers."
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and egg is set but slightly runny, or as desired, adding the ears to the oven for the last 5 minutes of the baking time.
- Arrange 2 "ears" at the top of each "bunny's head" just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Kraft Foods.