Chipper Chick Cookies
The kids will have as much fun helping to make these cute chicks as they will eating them!
1 (16.5-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
1 cup prepared whipped white frosting
Yellow food coloring
Yellow sprinkles and sugars
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Orange decorator gel
Broken pretzel twist pieces for legs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Shape 16 squares of cookie dough into balls for the body of the chick and place on ungreased baking sheets, about 3 inches apart.
- Cut 8 squares of dough in half; Shape into 16 smaller balls for chick heads. Place smaller balls 1/4-inch from the larger balls on baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine frosting and a few drops of food coloring in small bowl, adding additional food coloring until desired shade is reached.
- Spread frosting over each chick. Sprinkle with sprinkles and sugars. Use morsels for eyes, decorator gel for beaks and pretzels for legs.
Makes 16 chicks.
FOR OPTIONAL COCONUT GRASS SCENE TO NEST CHICKS: Dissolve 10 to 12 drops of green food coloring in 5 teaspoons of water in a gallon-size, resealable food storage plastic bag. Add 1 bag (14 ounces) or 5 1/3 cups loosely packed sweetened flaked coconut. Seal bag and shake to evenly coat coconut. If a smaller amount of grass is needed, use approximately 3 to 4 drops of food coloring, 1 teaspoon of water to each cup of sweetened flaked coconut. To dry, spread out on rimmed baking sheet for a couple of hours. Decorate with any flavor NESTLÉ® NestEggs™ or any other Easter NESTLÉ® Candies!
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.