Chocolate Marble Holiday Bark
The festive holiday fruit, nut and chocolate bark is as easy to make as it is good to eat. Definitely gift-worthy homemade candy.
1 (8-ounce) package semisweet chocolate squares, chopped
1 (6-ounce) package white chocolate squares, chopped
1 cup whole almonds, toasted - divided use
1/2 cup dried cranberries - divided use
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots - divided use
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
- Melt semisweet chocolate and white chocolate in separate medium saucepans over very low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is nearly melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until chocolate is fully melted. Add half each of the almonds, cranberries and apricots to each chocolate flavor and stir to blend well.
- Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate mixtures onto prepared baking sheet, alternating the colors of the chocolates.
- Cut through the chocolate mixtures with a narrow metal spatula or knife several times to create a marble effect.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Makes about 2 pounds candy.