Easy Caramel Apples
Dip apples in melted soft caramel candies for an easy version of a favorite autumn treat.
5 medium tart apples
(14-ounce) bag soft caramel candies, unwrapped
2 tablespoons water
5 wooden sticks
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper; grease the paper with butter or vegetable shortening. Set aside.
- Wash and thoroughly dry apples; insert wooden sticks into stem end of each apple; set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine caramels and water; cook over medium-low heat until caramels are completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Dip apples into melted caramel until evenly coated, spooning caramel over apples if necessary. Allow excess caramel to drip off. Scrape bottoms of apples and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until caramel is firm, about 1 hour. Let stand at room temperature for several minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 5 caramel apples.