Festive, eggnog and rum-flavored cheesecake in a buttery shortbread cookie crumb crust.
2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons rum
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
4 large egg yolks
Additional ground nutmeg for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Mix crumbs, butter and nutmeg; press onto bottom and 1 1/2-inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, rum and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 2 whole eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Blend in heavy cream and egg yolks; pour into crust.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg just before serving.
Makes 16 servings.