This eggnog fudge is not just wintertime festive, it's delicious and is sure to become a part of your favorite holiday confection repertoire.
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup eggnog
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) white chocolate bars, broken into pieces
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon rum or rum extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, eggnog, and sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium, and continue to boil, stirring frequently, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture reaches 234°F (110°C) (use candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat; add chocolate and nutmeg; stir until smooth. Add marshmallow creme, pecans and rum; mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan lined with buttered foil.
- Cool completely; cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Makes 2 dozen squares.
Microwave Instructions: In a 4-quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high for 1 minute or until melted. Add eggnog and sugar; mix well and microwave 6 minutes or until mixture comes to a rolling boil; stirring after 3 minutes. Scrape sides of bowl and mix well, continue microwaving 9 minutes more, scraping bowl and mixing after each 3 minutes, stir in chocolate until melted; continue as directed above.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.