Festive Chocolate Drops
These cookies, with a sugar glaze drizzled over top, are a perfect addition to your holiday dessert selections.
24 NESTLÉ CRUNCH or BUTTERFINGER Jingles* unwrapped
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Cookies: Combine 2/3 cup granulated sugar, butter, egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Beat until creamy. Gradually beat in flour, cocoa and salt. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press thumb into tops to make 1/2-inch-deep depressions.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until sides are set but centers are still slightly soft. Place 1 Nestlé Jingle in center of each cookie. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For the Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
*NESTLÉ Jingles are available mid-November through December.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.