These football cookies will give everyone something to cheer about! Try incorporating your team colors and bring these cookies to a tailgate party or a big school game.
1 (16-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, softened at room temperature for 30 minutes
1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa, plus additional for rolling
3-inch football cutter
Decorator icings (various colors)
Red or black thin licorice rope
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease two baking sheets.
- Combine softened cookie dough and cocoa in large mixer bowl. This can be done with a mixer or with clean hands.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness between sheets of wax paper, using additional cocoa to prevent sticking. Cut out footballs with cookie cutter. Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Repeat with trimmings.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until edges are set. (If using dark baking sheets, check at 12 minutes). Cool for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Decorate cookies with icings as desired. Cut licorice into small pieces to form laces. Let stand for 15 minutes to set icing. Store cookies in between wax paper layers in covered container.
Makes 18 to 20 cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.