Frightfully Delicious Chocolate Cupcakes
Celebrate Halloween with these 'frightfully delicious' cupcakes!
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
3 large eggs
1/2 cup Halloween candy corn (about 40 to 50 pieces)
1 (16-ounce) container prepared white frosting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Paper-line 20 muffin cups.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, pumpkin, oil, milk and eggs in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes and top with pieces of Candy Corn Bark.
- For Candy Corn Bark and Frosting: Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave remaining morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Spread into 8-inch square. Sprinkle with candy corn. Tap sheet several times to settle candy corn into chocolate. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm. Break into 20 pieces.
- Combine frosting with red and yellow food coloring in medium bowl to create orange colored frosting, if desired. Frosting may also be left white.
Makes 20 cupcakes.
Tip: Bark can be made the day before hand and kept in the refrigerator.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.