Ghosts in the Graveyard
Nothing spooky about this Halloween dessert, it's all in fun...and it's really yummy, too!
1 package chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies
2 (3.25-ounce each) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (12-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1 package oblong-shaped vanilla cookies
Black and green decorator icing (small tubes for writing)
Crush chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies.
- Make pudding as directed, using 3 1/2 cups milk, let stand 5 minutes.
- Fold 3 cups whipped topping and 1/2 the crushed cookies into pudding. Spoon into a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- With the decorator icing, decorate the vanilla cookies as tombstones with things such as "RIP", "BOO", or drawings of skull and crossbones, or stick-skeletons and such.
- Place the "decorated tombstone" cookies in the "graveyard".
- Use remaining whipped topping to create swirls of "ghosts" with chocolate sprinkles for eyes.
- Scatter the candy pumpkins and gummy worms around in decorative manner.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.