Gingersnap Popcorn Snack Mix
Here's a terrific low-fat, sugar-free holiday spiced popcorn snack mix that's ideal for those on restricted diets.
2 quarts popped popcorn
Butter flavored cooking spray
1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute*
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black or white pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Spread popcorn on baking sheet and spray lightly with the cooking spray.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over popcorn.
- Spray again with cooking spray and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake 7 minutes and serve warm.
Makes 2 quarts; 8 (1 cup) servings..
*Regular granulated sugar may be used, if desired.
Nutritional information not provided.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.