Glowing Goblin Cut-Outs
These cookies are a Halloween favorite. Tip: Other holiday-themed cookie cutters can be used, as well.
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine , softened
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Decorator gel (optional)
Decorator sugars (optional)
- Combine 2 cups flour and all remaining cookie ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Stir in remaining flour by hand.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Wrap each in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate until firm (at least 2 hours).
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll out dough on well-floured surface, one portion at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart onto greased cookie sheets. Decorate with decorator gel and sugars, if desired. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.