Goblin Cookie Truffles
These scrumptious little critters are a must-have for your next Halloween party. Recipe by Crystal Owens of Pumpkin and a Princess blog.*
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 36 chocolate sandwich cookies
- Purple candy melts
- 36 white and milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- Purple, orange, and black sprinkles for decorating
- Candy eyes, such as Wilton brand
- Crush sandwich cookies in a food processor. Combine softened cream cheese and cookie crumbs until evenly mixed together.
- Melt purple candy melts over a double boiler; once melted, transfer to a piping bag. Pipe small circles onto a waxed-paper-covered baking sheet. Immediately press an unwrapped chocolate kiss into the center and add sprinkles around the brim of the hat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chocolate is set. These goblin hats will sit on top of the cookie balls. Once cookie balls are firm, dip them into melted chocolate. Use a fork to lift the balls from the bottom and transfer back to baking sheet. Apply candy eyes to cookie balls by gently pressing them in.
- Immediately top goblins with the chocolate kiss hats. Allow truffles to set for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
Makes 16 mummies.
*Crystal is a creative lifestyle blogger at apumpkinandaprincess.com. She enjoys sharing ideas that inspire others to embrace a creative life with easy projects you can re-create at home. On her site you will find a wide range of ideas for recipes, crafts, home decor, DIY projects, paper crafts, and her obsession with homemade sugar scrubs. You can frequently find baked goods sitting on her counter, satisfying her love of sweets and baking. When she's not creating, she enjoys reading, running, and trips to the coffee shop. She believes in capturing life's beautiful moments by journaling and photographing her family, friends, and everyday life.
Recipe and photograph provided by Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com a member of the Home and Family Network for the best of cooking, gardening, decorating and more. © Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.