In keeping with the Halloween theme, place a few small plastic spiders alongside these just-for-fun brownies, decorated with a spiderweb design, on the serving platter.
1 (21-ounce) package brownie mix
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. (Do not over bake.) Cool in pan. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen brownies from sides. Lift brownies from pan, using foil handles. Place brownies on cutting board.
- Remove foil and cut brownies into 24 squares.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 to 45 seconds or until mixture is melted when stirred. Place mixture in a small reclosable plastic bag; cut off tiny section of corner and drizzle chocolate mixture back and forth onto each brownie in a spiderweb design.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.