Holiday Bonbon Cookies
Chunks of white chocolate are tucked inside chocolate cookie dough to create these holiday-festive bonbon cookies.
1 (6-squares) package white chocolate
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Chop each white chocolate square into 8 chunks; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, melt semisweet chocolate chips and butter in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in milk and vanilla; add flour and pecans and mix well.
- Shape 1 tablespoonful of dough around 1 white chocolate chunk, enclosing white chocolate completely. Place, 1-inch apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until soft and shiny. (Cookies will firm up as they cool.) Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.