Holiday Bran Thumbprints
Bran adds great flavor, nutrition and fiber to your holiday thumbprints.
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups bran flakes cereal
1/4 teaspoon salt
Fruit-only preserves, any flavor
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Add flour, cereal and salt; stir until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks.
- Fill indentations with preserves.
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.