There is nothing scary about these cookies! These monsters will be your trick and treat! You'll be able to create these deliciously spooky monsters by using refrigerated chocolate chip dough, a variety of decorator gels and an assortment of candies and nuts.
1 (16.5-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
1 (16-ounce) container prepared white and/or chocolate frosting
Gel or paste food colorings of choice to color white frosting
Assorted candies, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels for eyes
Blanched slivered almonds for teeth
Assorted sprinkles, licorice strings
- Prepare cookies as directed on package. Cool completely.
- Color white frosting as desired (one color can be used or divide frosting and have several colors. One container of frosting will be enough to make all 12).
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of frosting in center of 12 cookies. Top each with remaining 12 cookies.
- To make monster hair on top of cookie, fill pastry bag or small plastic food storage bag fitted with star tip with frosting. Squeeze bag lightly to pipe hair.
- Position eyes onto front of hair. Use frosting to adhere mini morsels to eyes for pupils.
- Insert almonds in filling for teeth.
- Decorate monsters as desired with additional sprinkles or licorice for an extra scary monster!
Makes 12 cookies.
Tip: You can also make this fun treat using the recipe, Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.