These are the wonderful Easter cookies to serve on that special 'hoppy' day.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 medium orange, peel grated
5 cups sweetened flaked coconut - divided use
25 to 30 NESTLÉ CRUNCH or BUTTERFINGER NestEggs, unwrapped
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and cream cheese in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, orange juice and grated orange peel; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in 4 cups coconut. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll balls in remaining coconut. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press 1 Nestlé NestEgg on top of each macaroon. Cool for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 25 to 30 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/25 of recipe): Calories: 200 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 8 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 140 mg Carbohydrates: 24 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 17 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.