Red, White and Blueberry Mini-Whoopie Pies
These all-American red, white and blue mini-whoopie pies are a perfect treat for Fourth of July celebrations.
1 red velvet cake mix (18.25 ounces)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups marshmallow crème from a jar
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, flour, water, oil and eggs with an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Scoop the batter by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, 2-inches apart, to make 24 cookies.
- Bake until puffed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets.
- With a spatula, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- With a small spatula or knife, spread 1 1/2 teaspoons marshmallow crème onto the flat side of each cookie.
- Divide blueberries onto 12 of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches.
- Serve immediately or store chilled in an airtight container layered between sheets of waxed paper.
Makes 12 whoopie pies.
Recipe and photograph are courtesy of the US Highbush Blueberry Council. Used with permission.