Santa's Pumpkin Crumb Cake
Santa will forego the cookies for a big chunk of this scrumptious pumpkin crumb cake...and of course, a tall glass of cold milk to wash it all down.
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cups margarine or butter, softened
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and blend on low speed until completely moistened, about 1 minute. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread batter in greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine topping ingredients with a fork. Mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched.
Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Iowa Egg Council.