Delightful pecan butter cookies dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with 'coconut snow'.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
Sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour and pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in water, vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture and blend well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Microwave semisweet chocolate chips and shortening in a microwaveable bowl on HIGH (100%) power for about 1 minute, stir until smooth.
- Dip cookie in chocolate than sprinkle with coconut. Allow chocolate to set before storing in airtight container in cool place.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.