Try this delicious snack perfect for holiday entertaining! It's easy to make and everyone will love it.
1 cup (6 ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
6 cups KELLOGG'S® CRISPIX® Cereal
1 cup powdered sugar
- Microwave Method: Melt morsels in large, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, heat at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Stir in peanut butter and peanuts. Add cereal and mix gently until well coated.
- Place powdered sugar in large, resealable plastic storage bag. Add coated cereal; seal. Gently toss cereal until well coated. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Stovetop Recipe: In small, heavy saucepan melt chocolate morsels over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in peanut butter and peanuts.
- In large bowl pour chocolate mixture over cereal. Stir until evenly coated.
- Place powdered sugar in 2-gallon, zipper-type, plastic bag. Add cereal mixture. Close bag and gently toss until evenly coated. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Makes 8 cups.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the KELLOGG® Company. ®, ™, © 2004 Kellogg NA Co.