Yummy Mummy Beef Pizzas
These quick and easy mini pizzas feature homemade beef sausage and have a mummy face made of string cheese.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
4 round thin sandwich breads, any variety, split
4 individually wrapped sticks reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese (1 ounce each)
8 black or green olives, sliced horizontally
- Combine ground beef, fennel seed, salt, coriander, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper and red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2 inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Stir in pizza sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Keep warm and set aside.
- Place sandwich thins, cut side up, on rack of broiler pan. Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture on each bread half. Pull cheese lengthwise into thin strips. Cut each strip into thirds. Create mummy faces using cheese strips in crisscross pattern to resemble mummy bandages and olives to resemble eyes.
- Place pizzas on rack of broiler pan so surface of cheese is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Makes 4 servings.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef.
- Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F (71.1°C).
- Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe using 80% lean ground beef): 445 calories; 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 87 mg cholesterol; 1058 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 7.7 g fiber; 36 g protein; 8.0 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.9 mg iron; 18.3 mcg selenium; 5.6 mg zinc; 73.5 mg choline.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe using 96% lean ground beef): 346 calories; 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 1041 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 7.7 g fiber; 35 g protein; 6.5 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12; 5.2 mg iron; 17.3 mcg selenium; 5.4 mg zinc; 79.5 mg choline.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Beef It's Whats For Dinner.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.