Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A delightful fruit concoction of apple,
peach and apricots.
Sev, Aroo, Aur Kubani
- 4 to 5 tart green apples, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup dried peaches, quartered
- 3/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 (1-inch) cubes fresh ginger, peeled
- 6 cloves garlic, mashed to a pulp
- 1 3/4 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan
and bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium-low
and cook for about 30 minutes or until
you have a thick, jam- like consistency.
Stir frequently and turn the heat down
slightly as the chutney thickens as it could stick
to the bottom of the pan and scorch.
- Let the chutney cool at room temperature.
It will thicken more as it cools.
Pour into a clean jar and cover with a nonmetallic
lid. Store in refrigerator.
Makes about 6 cups.