Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A delicious side dish of spiced cabbage
with green peas.
Bund Gobi Aur Matar
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh hot green chili, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- Core the cabbage and slice into fine long
- Put the peas in a strainer and hold them
under running water until they separate.
- Preheat the oil over medium-high heat
in a large heavy skillet. When hot
add the cumin seeds and bay leaves,
cooking for just a few seconds. Quickly
add the cabbage and peas, stirring to mix well.
Add the turmeric and cayenne, mixing well. Cover
and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5
minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the green chili, salt and sugar, stir
to mix; cover and cook an additional
2 minutes. Remove from heat, add the
garam masala, stir gently to mix and
Serves 4 to 6.